I’m Beverly Bryon; an artist, creative consultant and teacher.
I was born in the U.S.A. and educated on Long Island, New York; in England and in Seattle, Washington.
Having studied Fine Art in San Francisco, I moved back to England in 1970 to study painting and photography; achieving an Honours Diploma in Fine Art. I loved creating large, atmospheric paintings and environmental pieces. My photos were widely exhibited, and the Arts Council of Great Britain acquired some of my images for its collection.
At this stage, I fell in love with glass, and formed a company producing terrariums for UK and overseas markets. I founded Prisms Glass Design in 1987.
If your clients, home or workplace need light, beauty and joy, please do get in touch on 020 7624 3240.
How I work
Whether you want a large public art commission, or something smaller, I’ll carefully interpret your wishes; working closely with you from brief to delivery. I draw on my experience to harmoniously combine techniques and can deliver a diverse range of designs and styles, all of which sit happily in their settings.
The techniques I use
I use traditional lead and Tiffany copper-foil techniques, combined with hand-blown and machine-antiqued glass, acid-etching, sandblasting and deep carving, painting, and silver-staining; as well as fused, slumped and bonded glass.
My education and training
• Fine Art at the College of Marin, San Francisco, USA
• Fine Art at the Byam Shaw School of Art, London
• ‘Your Heritage of Stained Glass’, with Paul San Casciani, AMPG, Oxford
• ‘Art of Glass +Painting’, with Paul San Casciani, AMPG, Oxford
• Glass Etching, organised by Vitrotech, Bath
• Glass Fusing
• Glass Fusing Intermediate
• Kiln-formed Glass, organised by Creative Glass, Kent
• Kiln-formed Glass, with Max Jacquard & Angela Thwaites, Kent
• Imagery with Powders, organised by Creative Glass, Kent
• Screen printing with powders, organised by Warm Glass, Bristol
• The Salvation Army Garden, Chelsea Flower Show
• Photography, Box Room Gallery, London
• ‘Images of Women’, Moon Cow Gallery, London
• ‘Singular Realities’, Arts Council touring exhibition, launched at Side Gallery, Newcastle
• ‘New Stained Glass’, Sentre Arts, Stratford-upon-Avon
• Direct Design Shows, London
• Art in Action, Waterperry House, Oxford
• Kingsgate Mixed Media Show, Swiss Cottage Library, London
• Chelsea Crafts Show, London
• Syndicated Arts Gallery, London
• New Ashgate Gallery, Farnham, Surrey
• Glass Processing & Technology, NEC Birmingham
• Westonbirt International Festival of Gardens
• The George Farnham Gallery, Suffolk
• Homes and Gardens
• Ideal Home magazine
• Stained Glass – Design Source Book
• Period Homes
• Evening Standard Guide
• Best Magazine
• Ideas & Inspirations, APL Publishers
• The Little Black Book of Interiors’, Design4Living
• RIBA Interiors Specialist Sector Review
• “Glass expert” featured on ‘Fantasy Rooms’, BBC2
Demonstrations/artist in residence/teaching
• Victoria & Albert Museum
• Challcot School, London
• St. Mary’s C of E School, London
• City & Islington College, London
• Abbey Community Centre